I don’t have time to write an in depth review…exams 😦 but here is a brief one:
I swore never to watch another Anushka Sharma movie after my bad ecounters with her at IIFA but I am in love with Ranveer so I went to see Ladies vs Ricky Bahl.
The best part is that Ranveer is there throughout the film!
1. Ranveer Singh – this guy is a HUNK! But there is more to this book than just the cover. He proves all those critics who thought he could only do loud, jhakas roles WRONG. His character actually speaks relatively little. Yet, he says so much through his eyes and body language. Mark my words this guy is the next Shah Rukh Khan of Indian cinema. He is a self-made guy whose love for acting is evident in his performance. Plus, his hair…uff tauba! I FEEL SO BAD I DID NOT MEET HIM AT IIFA!!!!! 😦
2. The 3 girls – IGoing in I did not think these girls would be given much scope or add much to the film but I was wrong! They have substantial roles and are quite good to. Especially Parineeti Chopra, she delivers her dialogues very well and brings a smile to your face every time she says something. It will be interesting to see her next film which appears to be more of a serious role.
3. The dialogues – Habib Faisal does it again! The dialogues are hilarious! Especially the ones given to Parineeti Chopra’s character Dimple. (There is one really funny one about pyaar between the bakra and kassai.)
What does not work:
1. Anushka Sharma (Yes I am biased so this is most likely unreliable.) – she is stuck in a rut of the same roles again and again. The bubbly, over smart girl who is a softy at heart but has a hard exterior. Plus she looks much too thin! She lost a lot of weight but I though she looked great before.
2. Not enough songs – there are only 2 dance numbers (Mera Jigar Da Tukda and Jazba) in the movies narrative (Thug Le is an end credits song). Ranveer is such a great dancer it would have been nice to see him dance more.
Ladies vs Ricky Bahl is a good movie. If you have a free evening, give it a shot. It will make you smile and you will have a good time. Plus Ranveer Singh deserves a hit. We need more talents like him who make it on their own.
Rating; *** – 3 stars!